Episode 30 is now live.
As always, you can find me on Instagram at Mrs_M_Curiosity_Cabinet to follow my general making antics. I’ve also uploaded a short video to accompany this podcast on YouTube. (Apologies if YouTube prefaces it with adverts. I have no means of overriding these.)
In this episode I’m just popping in for a bit of a chat. As the year is drawing to a close, I thought I would share some reflections on my making in 2021 and tentatively look forward to what might be on the cards making wise in 2022. I also open up about some unexpected challenges and frustrations and how this prompted a lot of reflection and re-thinking behind the scenes.
As this is more of a chatty rather than a “nuts and bolts” podcast, there are no real show notes but rather a list of things I mentioned with links to third parties and crosslinks to previous episodes where appropriate.
SELECTION OF PROJECTS
- Francine dress: pattern by Merchant & Mills; fabric: Lithuanian Linen from With This Cloth (no longer trading) – featured in Episode 24
- Knickers: pattern by Sew Over It; fabric: reclaimed cotton lawn – featured in Episode 25
- Josie bra: pattern by Made My Wardrobe; fabrics: organic cotton jersey from Made My Wardrobe & lace from The Lace Co – featured in Episode 27
- Ollallie leg warmers by Rachel Kieselberg knit in Dark Corriedale from Wooltops – featured in Episode 24
- Salvia socks: pattern by Sabine Frisch; wools: West Yorkshire Spinners’ Signature 4-ply & Baa Ram Ewe’s PIP Naturals (no longer trading) – featured in Episode 26
- Phillis Weatley Peters socks: pattern by Kate Davies; wool: Mondim by Rosa Pomar – featured in this episode
- Shetland Wool Week Annual 2021
- The Shetland Trader: Heritage by Gudrun Johnston
- Bluestockings by Kate Davies
Nothing in this podcast has been sponsored.
Music (Audio Podcast)
Music (Video footage)
Meditation Impromptu 01 by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.https://creativecommons.org/licenses/… Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-… http://incompetech.com/
Meditation Impromptu 02 by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/